Sunday, January 17, 2016

GASP!!

Amakuddu (Ama-ku-rru)
Can I first just say that I have arrived in the Promised land!!!! Rwanda is so beautiful.  I love it here and I really don't want to leave here like ever. :)  
Leaving Uganda was rough for me though.  Saying goodbye to some members and just to my first area made me super sad.  I felt like I was leaving on mission again.  Transfers was really good.  I got to talk to Elder Schweitzer and say hi to him.  Then MLC with President was beyond amazing.  He is such a super powerful man.  I loved that conference.  Then we went and ate at a Chinese Restaurant that was super nice. :)  The sweet and sour pork was to die for :)  Then the following day while I waited for my plane I just hung out with the AP's.  We then all rode together to the airport with President.  Because they were flying to Ethiopia.  But a really short flight here.  It took like 30 minutes.  So super short.  Also that morning I did have surgery.  I got surgery on my toe because I had an in grown toe nail. So I wore sandals on the plane and for my first day here.  That was super weird.  Then I got here and got picked up by the elders.  We went to our super nice apartment (that has maids clean it every day but Sunday) ya I am living the life here.  Then we went to a new years party.  Great first day here though.  I just couldn't believe how clean it was.  All the dirt streets were clean as well.  
Then I know that God answers prayers because driving wasn't to bad.  They drive on the American side here so that made things easier.  Then I only killed it like 7 times.  Ya I thought I was going to have a panic attack.  I was cool on the outside while just worrying about everything else on the inside. :)  But going well and I am getting better day by day.  
The Zone here is super cool.  They have all served here in Rwanda only.  They are all 9 months and younger.  Lots of fun with the 6 of us here.  We have so much fun :)  I love all of their enthusiasm.  They all want to work hard but also have fun.
Also another reason Rwanda is gorgeous is because it is the land of a thousand hills.  Like there are so many hills and when I say hills I mean like small mountains.  All of you need to look up a picture of Kigali.  So pretty and I feel like I am in Northern Idaho sometimes because of the hills and some of the trees here.   So pretty here and I love it.  
Also we had a baptism on Sunday.  That was really great.  Then also met some powerful members.  They are all pretty new but know the church is true and really want to help people.  I am so thankful for that.   Also one of our investigators who is 17 has read to Alma 43 like all of it and has only had it for like 6 weeks.  It is super cool.
My companion Elder Beck is great.  He is from Idaho and ran XC at Pocatello.  He is really helpful and super down to earth :)
I just have to much on my mind but I am so glad to be here in Rwanda :)
Things about Rwanda 
1-Clean:  So once a month the whole country goes and cleans.  Nobody litters really and even the slums are super clean.  So nice :)
2- Thousand hills:  So the saying is true about a thousand hills.  Getting to peoples houses is a workout for sure.  I am always out of breath.  They just live everywhere.  Big hills to not small ones :)
3-2020 vision: So Rwanda has a goal by 2020 to be the most developed country in Africa. Which that is super possible because they really are working on making things better.  They do lots of community service and things to build the community.  
I'm loving life and this gospel.  I know it is true and I am so glad to be here sharing it :)
Love lots
Elder Brogan

No comments:

Post a Comment