Sunday, January 17, 2016

Happy New Years

Well just as the title says Happy New Year and for me there is going to be a major change.  I told my family but I am getting transfered.  So I will tell the story to you all of how it happened.  So Monday before Christmas nobody was really getting transferred because that was when the transfer ended.  So we are going throughout are week and it came to Wednesday.  So during DDM I got a call from the AP's and then someone from the office.  So I had to step out real quick while my companion was giving a powerful training.  So Sarah from the office said that I needed to go to the Big Police station right away.  We couldn't even finish DDM.  So Elder Rogers said that going there only meant one thing I was leaving the country.  I about had a panic attack.  I just didn't want to leave Nsambya and I thought for sure I was going to Ethiopia.  Which wouldn't be  bad I just didn't want to leave.  So we go there and I look on the paperwork and it said I was reporting to KIGALI RWANDA!!! for missionary work.  I about freaked because Rwanda is the bomb.  I get to be a 2 country missionary and just go to RWANDA!!! It is way beyond cool.  I have heard so many amazing things about it and I can't wait to go. It just ended up being a suprise transfer.  But I found out on Sunday night who my companion is. So I am going to be the Zone Leader in Rwanda (only zone leader)  and my new companion is Elder Beck from none other than Pocatello Idaho.  I am beyond excited and also scared because I have drive. They drive on the same side we do in the USA but the truck I will be driving is stick.  If you want to pray Elder Brogan doesn't kill the truck to many times in traffic and doesn't have a panic attack. I have driven stick before in my friends car in a parking lot and I only killed it 4 times.  So lets hope I don't do it that many times.  :)  But super excited to go and be ZL and learn to love the Rwandan people.  Beyond excited and scared so I am just numb kind of :)  
But other than that this week was great.  Christmas day was good.  Talking to the family is always good.  The others elders were like your family didn't say that much.  Which I didn't care because I feel like my family doesn't make calling home a huge deal. It is just like we are calling home from college.  But I was just glad to hear their voices and see their faces :)  But ya super great day.  Also got fed a lot :)  
Then to make the week better on Sunday we had to baptisms.  Chris who is an older guy from Rwanda. He doesn't speak the best of English but can understand.  Then Elenoar who just turned 18.  She is going to school for a couple months then she is going to US.  She is excited to go through the temple :)  But great week and I am excited to go to Rwanda.  Still don't know what day I am leaving though.  :)  Life is just grand.  
Next week I will tell you all 3 things about Rwanda.
Uganda
1-Pineapple:  So the pineapple is just delicous here.  So so sweet.  It is not acidic or bitter like the ones at home.  Any time I eat them it tastes like candy.  Super good and I wish they could import them back home :)
2-Churches:  They are on every corner.  So many churches here.  People just start them up because they want money or they just want to sing songs. Super crazy.  The main churches here are Catholics, Born Agains, and Seventh Day Adventist.  So we see many many churches.  People always say well I am saved or I'm Catholic.  I always say back "Well I am a Latter Day Saint."  and you can be one to :) 
3-Praise God: When we are walking people always say praise God.  Super funny and we just keep walking. They think we should say something back haha.  People really love Jesus here :)
Love you all and email you from Rwanda next week :)
Love lots
Elder Brogan

No comments:

Post a Comment